Bulk email list verification, an essential tool for businesses sending mass emails, determines whether or not a list of email addresses is completely valid and deliverable. The method involves an address-by-address analysis of each email on an uploaded list and is offered by various bulk email list cleaning companies.
How Does Email Address Verification Work?
The legitimacy of an email address can be estimated through a combination of validation methods, depending on the internal database – proprietary algorithms & code.
After completing the list validation process, any invalid email addresses will have been cleared out, leaving a clean, fully deliverable email list, ready for marketing and business elements.
Here, we’ve explained in detail just how the email validation process works.
- Email Address Syntax Check: This removes poorly formatted email addresses, according to IETF standards.
- Domain/MX Records Check: This tests the DNS entries of an email address. If a domain is found to be invalid, or an MX entry is missing, this method marks the corresponding email address is invalid.
- Role-Based Account Exposure: Email sends to role-based such as [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], etc. can negatively affect your deliverability, and even blacklist you with some ISPs. This method detects and flags such addresses.
- Disposable Email Address Detection: disposable email addresses, or “junk receiver” email addresses,” are identified and processed appropriately. These are usually practiced for signup forms or to bypass login forms that require a valid email address.
- Honeypot/ Spam Trap Detection: This recognizes spam seeds, honeypots, BOTs, blacklisted, or bogus email addresses by validating the addresses in the list against the known list of email addresses/domains, used for catching spammers.
- Checking DNSBLs and URI DNSBLs for blacklisting: A DNS-based blackhole list (DNSBL) or Real-time Blackhole List (RBL) is a list of IP addresses usually used for spamming. A URI DNSBL is a DNSBL that lists domain names that have been seen in the body of spam email messages but generally, have not been found inside genuine messages. In the process, email addresses and IP addresses are validated against known DNSBLs and URI DNSBLs to trap spam networks.
- Final Verification: This stage performs deep-level extended SMTP verifications on each email address. The addresses will be pinged for mailbox existence without sending an original email to the inbox.
Why Is Bulk Email Verification So Important?
Most websites have forms requesting customer details, including an email address. While filling out such forms, it’s not unusual for users to enter an incorrect email address, whether purposely or by mistake. All those incorrect email addresses added to your lists will be incorrect and undeliverable.
If you send emails to such addresses, the ratio of bounce-back emails will expand significantly. This bounce-back negatively affects your mail server reputation, which is regularly monitored by Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, AOL, and other ESPs.
If your IP address receives a poor reputation, it may get blacklisted by popular email services like Gmail, Yahoo, etc. This indicates that if you plan to run bulk email marketing campaigns, such as newsletters or sales emails, the classification and removal of invalid email addresses are required.
Bulk Email verification guarantees your email list is clean and thoroughly valid, which helps reduce bounce-back, eventually saving you time and money.
Moreover, validating email addresses helps you to maximize the deliverability of your marketing campaign, and removes low-quality addresses from high-value contacts. By using the power of email list validation services, you can experience peace of mind with every send, knowing your emails go out to real, live humans.
The email verification domain is packed with a never-ending number of service providers, which makes it difficult to enlist all. Some of the notable service providers are Clearalist, EmailListValidation, EmailHippo, NeverBounce, Kickbox, BriteVerify, Hunter, MailFloss, ListWise, and more. Here is the complete list of best email list cleaning services.